This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Topanien

Yesterday, after taking a conference call meeting on the back deck at home, doing some work via my wireless net (which is a good way to start the day), I decided to go in to my actual office a little late and head up the street with Mrs. V and Jr. V and grab some breakfast at O'Connor's. It was a quiet morning in the Village, we had O'Connor's pretty much to ourselves. Why is it that it takes so long to get a check in that place? Nevermind - the food was great as usual and Mrs. V had enough to take home for today.

We're coming out onto they sidewalk and noticed Nadine (I'm pretty sure it was Nadine, it's been a while and I was down the block) putting some merchandise out in front of Topanien. I realized that I've never written about this little store the whole time I've been keeping this 'blog, despite their being one of the linchpins of the village (since 1989).

I'm not one to frequent the "incense and Buddha" stores, typically, but I must say that Topanien has a very high-quality selection of goods from a wdie range of cultures that appeal to both me and Mrs. V. We were last in there buying a small charm for a friend of Mrs. V that is going through cancer treatment. Topanien is certainly the most colorful store in the Village, it practically GLOWS yellow at you.

I am pleased to report that Topanien has a very complete website, from which you can actually view and order products! It's at Topanien.com. There's also lots of information about their commitment to fair-trade goods and Amnesty International, among other social causes.

So anyway, I though it was about time I wrote about them.

Labels: