This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Have I been living in a cave?

So another thing that I discovered yesterday was the "Southwest Neighborhood News". I actually came across this paper via a Google search yesterday and then found several copies on the table at the Multnomah NA meeting last night.

WARNING: Their website is visually horrible. Whoever decided to put blue link-text over a dark green-blue background is never doing any design work for me. Do people even try to read their own sites?

On a positive note however, the current issue (and I assume every issue) is available online as a complete PDF. Here's a direct link to the current issue.

The paper itself is rather informative, with a great overview of the various neighborhood associations meetings and lists of permit applications in a readable form. It's certainly directed at more of a wonky audience than the more visible papers in Southwest, but that's good for me.

I have no idea how I've lived here this long and never seen this publication before. I am a voracious reader and pick up as many of Portland's free papers as I can. In fact, that's one of the things that helped me to decide to move to Portland, all those years ago.