This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Breakfast with the Montana People

Mrs. V and I went to breakfast at O'Connors this morning. O'Connors, "Where Montana People Meet the Rest of the World". It was quiet, as you would suspect on a Thursday morning, with only a few couples and a large table of what appeared to be real estate inspectors, who - if not from Montana - certainly would be at home there. Mrs. V and I spent part of our first date in the bar at O'Connors, so long ago, and we used to stop in for dinner once in a while. O'Connors is one of our regular breakfast stops. I personally prefer Fat City these days, but the comprehensive menu at O'Connors is more up Mrs. V's alley.

The reasonable prices were a welcome sight after spending a long weekend in San Francisco (the reason for the lack of posts to this 'blog lately).

I ordered my usual 2x2x2, which consists of two pancakes or french toast (I prefer french toast), 2 eggs any style and bacon. O'Connors syrup is quite good. They always do the bacon right too, which is worth mentioning. Coffee is unremarkable, yet usually kept hot.

One thing I should mention is that the service is very attentive when they are AT YOUR TABLE, but can be hard to attract. If you're like me, and hate like the dickens to wait for a check once you've finished eating, you may have to be proactive. Another thing you might want to know is that O'Connors tends to have a signature scent. In their case it is peppers. Many of their great "scrambles" include some pepper which tend to fill the air with whatever peppers secrete when they're being cooked. When thingas are paritcularly busy, this can actually irritate my eyes. Today, it wasn't noticeable. There is smoking in the bar - just so you know.

Sunday morning on the back deck, during sunny weather can't be beat. Since this post is about breakfast, I won't go into their music programming, which has become much more of a regular thing - the joint's now pretty packed on weekend nights. Another time...

Labels: