This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Think of it as evolution in action

Over the next 30 days, I am in the process of migrating this 'blog to what will be it's permanent home, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I'm not linking this yet, since the index page just redirects to this site. I will post links and updated RSS feed information when I make the switch, as well as double-posting on both sites for a while until everyone is used to the new URL (plus I don't want to wipe out all my Google seniority). You may notice some odd things, such as "housekeeping tags" and things popping up between now and then.

I'm moving the blog off of Blogger and into Wordpress. This is a good thing, but it requires me to learn CSS which is taking some time. Not all of the customizations I want to put in will be live right when I launch, but I might surprise myself.

Unless you're reading this on an RSS feed, you have probably noticed that I added Google text ads a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping to offset the hosting and domain maintenance fees with the cents (and it is cents) that I get from having these on the site. I am NOT planning to junk up the site with more ads than you currently see, and I will NOT be adding ads to the RSS feed. Technically, I'm not allowed to say things like "help a brother out and click on one or two", so I won't say aything like that, but you know what I mean....

One of the main changes is the addition of static pages for links, galleries etc. This hopefully will help the blog be a more complete resource for people that come here looking for complete info on the Village, and not just my latest ramblings.

I should be done with all of this before the 1st of the year, and perhaps before, depending on my schedule over the holidays. Thanks for reading, commenting and visiting! As Jack Bogdanski said when his 'blog turned four, "this is my best hobby ever."

The subject line is a favorite quote, from the Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle book "Oath of Fealty" that's stayed with me through the years. Man, I loved those guys' writing.

Labels: ,