This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Drowning in leaves?

Leaf disposal is on in Gabriel Park - since all MY leaves have certainly come down (and I'm glad I cut my grass yesterday, too) - I am certainly overflowing in lawn debris. This is a problem since I can never remember when lawn debris day IS anymore, now that it no longer coincides with my payday schedule. However - the leaf disposal takes over the parking lot off of Vermont, just below the kids play area in the park. Here's the schedule. I know this doesn't include times - it's like 8AM to 4PM, but Portland Transportation's website is down right now and I don't remember the schedule from when I drove by yesterday. I'll update this tonight.

Sunday, October 30
Sunday, November 6
Saturday, November 12
Saturday, November 19

The cost will be: $1 per car load, $4 per truck, SUV or trailer load, $5 per truck and trailer, $30 per commercial load (5 yd. maximum – larger loads will be referred to commercial recycle centers). There will be a $1 discount for senior citizens. Leaves collected become part of the city’s recycling eff ort and are turned into compost. For more information, call the leafline at 503-823-1784 or Portland Transportation dot org

From my experience last year. They will take all your leaves, but they will not take your lawn debris bags - so if you have leaves and stuff in bags - you'll have to empty out the bags when you get to the leaf drop, and then schlep your empty bags home with you.