This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Monday, January 16, 2006

I promise this isn't some local government 'blog....

The neighborhood association meeting was still kind of angsty the other night. It must be the rain. Commissioner Dan Saltzman was the special guest. He was OK, although not as confidence-inspiring as Sam Adams. Dan seems very much like a politician. I saw him the next night at the Portland Schools Celebration at the Convention Center also, which I note since he's the ONLY local politician we saw there (that's a good thing. That he was there, that is.... Oh nevermind).

He led with the police/fire retirement fund issue, which was not a big surprise. The rest of the talk was not really doing anything for me - so I'm not going to recount it here. I'm sure Dan's a fine guy - it wasn't just him, perhaps it was the meeting as a whole. Last month was sort of the same.

The one interesting, and cool thing is that all the officers of the neighborhood association seem to be around my age or younger(!), which is a refreshing surprise.

Depsite this recent ennui, I've managed to volunteer to be the neighborhood association's representative on the newly formed SWNI schools committee. I have NO IDEA what our neighborhood association's priorities will be surrounding school issues, but I think it's time I found out, since Jr. V is already signed up for kindergarten at Maplewood in the fall.

We did meet his future kindergarten teacher at the Schools Celebration who was delightful. So convenient being right in fron of the door. And us with our future kindergartner in tow!

First school's committee meeting is this Thursday. Film at 11.