This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Neighborhood Association Meeting Tonight

Yep, I've been pretty inactive for the last couple of weeks. At first I thought it was the holidays, but now I realize that it's the weather. The rain has been so relentless that I haven't really gotten out of the house. We spent most of the week between Christmas and New Year's at home, in the house, dreaming of going to the park....

Doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.

Anyway, the MNA meeting is tonight at 7PM. Commissioner Dan Saltzman is going to be there, which should be interesting, since he's been much in the news lately. Jack Bog speculates about his political future in this post.

Last month's meeting was rather contentious. Several cranky interchanges and a few almost confrontational moments as the discussion ranged around various topics. In fact, last month's meeting pretty much embodied the reasons I have not been involved in the nieghborhood assocation prior to starting this 'blog. There's only so much property zoning variance applications and discussions of sidewalks ten years down the road that one guy can take.

Despite this - I'll be representing tonight. I was thinking of "outting" myself, but since I haven't been updating lately, perhaps that's not such a great idea.

Got some new things in the Village: the vegetarian restaurant is open, swingset has been replaced at Custer Park but not operational yet, coin store (which is also one of those eBay drop places) is open, we're getting a shoe store, the Village Post is soon going to move into their new "World Headquarters" in that new large building across from Fusion Cut & Color, etc.

See ya tonight maybe. I'll be there - come up and kick me in the behind so I start updating this thing....