This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

A great day to eat outside

....or to type this outside on my laptop, as it were. I noticed that Thai Herbs (7779 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland, 97219 - (503) 246-1382) has added several outside tables, complete with large umbrellas (for the SUN, non-Oregon people, take note). If you're going there tonight, better hurry since they are already starting to fill up. This is good, since the only real outdoor eating venue other than the small deck at O'Connors is the perpetually crowded picnic-table area at the Lucky Lab, which is a little high-traffic.

Oh wait! Sorry, I forgot the deck at the Bento Hut. Man, I gotta get up there and get something to eat - their fresh menu since they re-opened has been looking very tempting indeed. I only wish that I was in the Village at lunchtime, since Jr. V isn't really a Bento Hut kind of kid. Their deck looks very nice, although it seems like it might get kind of hot.. Hey, why don't I reserve judgement until I've gone there, eh?

This afternoon, however, I am not leaving my backyard. Even though I live right on 35th, it always amazes me how quiet it can be out here sometimes, at 6:45 PM not ten or fifteen minutes from downtown. One of the prime attractions of living in this area to be sure.