This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Nice way to start the day

So we walked up the hill Sunday morning to eat breakfast at O'Connor's for Mothers' Day. We ended up out on the deck, which at first seemed like it might be too cold but in the end was just right. Breakfast was good as usual, I had my regular 2x2x2 (french toast, bacon and eggs over well) and Mrs. V has some sort of scramble that provided an additional meal later on. We walked down the main drag, noticed the LeMeitour has freshened their exterior paint - it looks very nice - and wondered again why I have never gone in there. I've always been sort of intimidated by that place - for no rational reason - I mean, I'm from New York City. I know from snooty art galleries. It's not even that I think they're snooty - just for some reason I've never topped in. I'll have to remedy that on the next First Friday. Being a big fan of the "illuminists" and the Hudson River School of painting, the sort of works they have are likely to be right up my alley.