This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Random Village Bullet Points

  • At the meeting on Tuesday, Brian mentioned something I had noticed from the street, but not investigated, which is that there is an OLCC permit application notice on the front door of the house which used to be the location of Village Beads, before their recent move. Apparently, this application is on behlf of something called "Half Full LLC" and is to result in a "beers of the world" tasting room. There was some concern about whether or not the Village needs another establishment selling alcohol. One resident voiced concern over the rear parking situation, but I pointed out that her concern would be better directed at outdoor tables, since the house has a very large backyard. If it were my beer tasting place - I'd have tables out back. Brian pointed out that the backyard of this lot is zoned residential, but I'm not sure I believe that, since Jackie's (next door) has the nursery in the backyard, wouldn't they be zoned the same?

  • Much hair-pulling and gnashing of teeth about the new stone facade of the Soleil day-spa thingy on the corner just as you come off of the bridge on Captol Hwy into the Village. I thought "they" were building a house behind the spa, but it turns out that the spa is expanding. Personally, I think the stone looks cool, but there are many folks who feel like it's out of place in the Village. For my part, considering how many businesses have been in that space before, it's nice to see something expanding - they must be doing well. Yes, I know Sip D'Vine used to be there, and they've apparently grown well too!

  • I notice there's a rug store in the advanced stages of moving in to the old Multnomah Post offices, across from the Bento Hut where there was breifly a computer business.

  • What is going into the Village Yoga Space? Anyone?

  • Oh, and for record-keeping's sake, thanks to a pickup by Jack Bog's Blog, yesterday was my single biggest traffic day in the year-and-a-half history of this 'blog. I'll admit that there is a temptation to "go political" in order to hang on to these types of numbers, but I'm sticking with my formula - still - I hope at least one or two of the new readers comes back once or twice!

  • And the last housekeeping item - I remain amazed at the frequency with which the Wikipedia entry for Multnomah Village leads people to this 'blog. I noticed that hits have started coming from Answers.com, which mirrors the Wikipedia content, and now includes the link to this site.

  • Interestingly, there's a new bit in the Wiki entry today, stating "Multnomah Village was, for a long time, home to the world's first wiki, WikiWikiWeb, which was physically located in an office there. The website has since relocated."

Labels: , ,