This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Unnamed "Viaduct Park"

For a few months now, there has been a potential new park taking shape in the Village. I've been meaning to post about this for a while, but until this month's MNA meeting - I didn't have good images and info to clearly explain what has been going on. Plus, since there are grants being applied for and parterships being pursued, Randy requested that I not reveal too much information (you know, to my thousands of readers and all!).

Development of the park will not involve any major construction or grading of the site, since those activities require all sorts of permitting and money, but neighbors will be allowed to landscape and do some minor improvements such as replacing the decrepit stairs that lead down to the park area from Handy Andy's. A major part of the landscaping plan involves surplus bark chips from local landscape types, and of course, volunteer labor.

Randy Bonella has been the driver of this park project, but other hands are coming on board as well. A site design was recently completed by Deb Tolman of "Avant Gardens NW" and a few grants are in the process of being reviewed, applied for, and hopefully awarded.

Neighbors deciding to "reclaim" community spcaes and turning them into something we can be proud of is a concept I can totally support. I'll keep my eyes on this process and make sure to post any opportunities to help out as they arise.

All the details are available at the Multnomah Village Park Page on Google Pages.

Labels: ,