This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Never mind the cat, he works here...

So today I walked up to the Village, to stroll along the main drag with my Mom, who is in town for a few days. We stepped into Annie Bloom's Books to pick up a copy of Sunset Magazine, which is a must read for an ex-Oregon-resident like my Mom. So anyway, we poked around in the bokstore for a bit, but of course, we both had to stop to pet the cat.

Annie Bloom's has a cat, as several bookstores seem to. However, the cat at Annie Blooms is as much a Village fixture as the store itself. On the way out the door, I noticed that the cat, Oscar Wilde, was recently profiled in the Portland Tribune. This is the level of celebrity we're dealing with here.

A link to the story is here - it features several working cats, scroll down to read about Oscar.

Next time you're in the village, drop in to Annie Bloom's and say hi to Mr. Wilde. He's 13 years old.