This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Why yes, that IS a sports bar in my parking space...

So I'm driving out to Barbur via 35th the other night, and I pass by this parking lot. I noticed that there was a trailer in there - kida the same size trailer you see pulling ATVs or something - with the sides opened up. It contained a bar. I'm not talking about your run of the mill concession trailer either. This thing had tables, chairs, and a TV. There were a couple of people sitting in there! Now I'm sure this is all kinds of illegal, as far as the city's concerned, so I'm not posting any pictures, or saying exactly where this was (is), but it wins the Unexpected Thing Award for last week.

This is clearly not any kind of a "permanent" temporary thing, like all those "mobile" lunch wagons downtown. Just had to be in the right place at the right time I suppose. I'm still kicking myself for not walking up and grabbing a table.