This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Monday, January 16, 2006

The neighborhood school

So, was I pointed out in my previous post, Jr. V will be starting kindergarten next fall. He'll be going to Maplewood Elementary School after all. I say this since there had been much discussion in our house recently regarding which school option we should choose. It's no so simple as just sending the kid to the local school anymore... But wait.. it is!

It's a good thing he's going at all, since I randomly went to Maplewood's site just after the new year to get some general information about the school and found out that sign up began Friday the 13th! Who knew?! And it's a good thing we called friday too, since we needed a full-day slot and they're probably all full by now.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. Mrs. V, Jr. V and I went on down to the Convention Center last week for the Schools Celebration, which is pretty much a trade show for all the local schools to display their info. Maplewood was the first thing we saw when we walked in the door, and as luck would have it, the booth was being manned (what's the opposite? Personned? Womanned? I'm using manned - sue me.) by the full-day kindergarten teacher! We had such a nice conversation with her that we made our decision immediately. So that's where Jr. V will be in the fall.

The principal of Maplewood keeps a 'blog too, well anyway the Principal's Notes are posted online at http://maplewoodprincipal.blogspot.com

Now I just need to find out where this school is... I hear they have one of those Lego robotics teams, and they're good.