This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

A few notes..

Well, we've had a bit of a comment exposion the last several days - which is good since at least someone has been posting to this dusty 'blog! I'm afraid my work schedule this summer has not left as much time as I would like for wandering about and posting about it. Things have been happening though.

I appreciate all your comments, and glad you enjoy reading the 'blog. Oh, and I'm not as anonymous as I'd like to believe. I've said it before, but for the new people... The "anonymous" thing is not really driven by anything more than my initial doubts about whether or not this 'blog would be something I could actually maintain, and whether or not it would attract any visitors. Plus, I don't really want to be "that guy who writes the Village 'blog" when I'm walking around. I prefer to experience our neighborhood just like I always have. Google takes care of bringing visitors here quite nicely considering I've done no "search engine optimization" or marketing of this blog, and the regular readers that I DO have are good about sharing comments etc. So it's been good.

I guess this would be a good time to point out that I missed the one-year anniversary of the Multnomah Villager, since I posted the very first post back on June 25th of 2005. I've been online journaling since 2001 but this was my first experiment with what I consider to be an actual 'blog - although I still dislike that term!

You may get more than one post today. But first...

Don't forget that tomorrow night is not only "First Friday" but also the first night of the Multnomah Outdoor Cinema! Starts around 9, and NO I don't know what movie they'll be showing, and so far as I can tell, niether does anyone else... One assumes there will be a list of titles for the four week run of M.O.C. available at Friday night's show. Seriously though, everyone has worked very hard to get this put together and it should be a fun event. Might want to bring a blanket though, since it looks as if "real" Oregon summer weather is back with us.

Oh and yes, Tamara, I do probably need a cut in another week or two. How's your arm?