This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Five Questions: Zach Horowitz

Note: This is the start of an occasional feature I'm calling "Five Questions". I'm shooting a small list of questions to business owners and other people involved in the life of our village. For now, the list of questions will be the same as are being answered here. If you want to play along, email me using the link to the right!

Zach Horowitz, Chair of the Multnomah Neighborhood Association
  1. How long have you lived in Multnomah?
    I've lived in the Village proper for 5 years, and spent the previous 10 just a mile away.

  2. What brought you to the Village?
    It's one of 2 neighborhoods in SW (other than downtown) to have shops within walking distance. I've always lived in SW Portland, so it was a logical place to live. My wife, who lived on the east side before we lived together, insisted that we live somewhere where we could walk to stuff if we lived in SW. It's the Village - it's super cool. Many of my friends live very close to here, so do my parents. This part of SW is the heart of the Jewish community - my gym used ot be the MJCC, and we are members of Neveh Shalom.

  3. What would you like to see in the Village that we DON'T have?
    A few more restuarants - one open real late. A true "center" in the Village - like a little park or other community area.

  4. What do you think is the biggest challenge facing our neighborhood?
    Mostly development pressure - at least the type of development that does a poor job of integrating itself into the neighborhood. Lots of young people have moved here - we need to get them involved in the community, as well as our large numbers of renters.

  5. What is your favorite thing, or favorite place in Multomah?
    The small townie suburban feel, combined with the fact that we are so
    close to downtown.


Thanks Zach!