This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Friday, July 28, 2006

A hot night at the M.O.C.

So Jr. V and I went up to the Village last week to see a piece of E.T. at the Outdoor Cinema. He had never seen it before, I think maybe I've seen it twice, but it's been years. It was not as crowded this time, likely due to the opressive heat, although after it got dark, it felt pretty good out there. The A/V setup is great, the sound was good and the movie was pretty enjoyable after all this time. Although I was slightly annoyed to notice that this is the "new" version of E.T. that has been all politically corrected: The guns have been removed from the "hunters" in the openng sequence and E.T. is computer-animated in several of the scenes. I do not approve of this sort of after-the-fact tweaking of movies and the pandering nature of removing the guns annoys me. Onward....

Anyway, we amde a beeline for the concession table once we determined that they were selling snow cones! Here's a note - when you are offering blue bubblegum as a flavor, it is not necessary to ask either me or Jr. V which flavor we want. The ultimate superiority of blue bubblegum snow cone flavoring cannot be ignored. We spent a few bucks at the concession stand, although technically we owe the MNA a dollar since they would not let Jr. V pay for his popcorn, convinced he had already bought a bag and was entitled to a free refill. He tried to pay, but in the end brought me back my dollar. Stickin' it to the Man!

I note with amusement that my lamely stitched panorama photo was grabbed off this site and incorporated into the pre-movie slideshow. Which is fine and all, but how 'bout a photo credit next time, eh?

We'll be up there on the 4th for "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and I'll hang around to help clean up. This is a fun event. If you go, make sure to corner one of the organizers, particularly Jessica, and thank them for all their hard work.