This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm probably the last to know this.....


The Multnomah Village Business Association has updated their website. Granted, this probably happened AGES ago, and now you all know how often I hit the MVBA's site. From the URL path, I see that they're using an open source content management system called Joomla which caught my eye since I first heard about this in an email from my domain host last week AND since I spent most of last weekend researching similar open source content systems (Typo3).

Enough nerd talk.. well, no.... Their new layout features the same creative that appears to mixed reviews on the neighborhood signage, and also (much more fittingly) on the latest neighborhood T-shirts and the excellent Village walking map. The design is the product of something called Purple Cow Creative and I'd give you some info if Purple Cow actually had a website at this address and not just a placeholder logo and email link. No, Williams College alumns, I don't know if you're the source of the name, but I assume there's likely to be a connection.

Back to the MVBA website - their content area doesn't play well with my 20" widescreen monitor, since parts of the content scale and parts don't but whatever - I'm not too good at that part either.