This 'blog has moved! The new address of the Multnomah Villager is where it should have been all along, at www.multnomahvillager.com. I have moved the blog off of Blogspot and into Wordpress and addeed some new structure and category features. Please come see me there and I hope you keep reading. Thanks for all the visits, comments and everything else through the last year. I will continue to post here as well as on the new site for a month or two, but it's time to update your links. Click here to visit the new site and here is the new RSS Feed address.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Shootin' hoops with JC...

So when we were up watching E.T. the other week, we got flyered for the Multnomah Village Basketball Camp, put on by Riversgate Church. At first I tried to dodge the guy, since Jr. V isn't quite six yet and I'm not terribly down with the whole church thing anyway, but the guy said they'd waive five-year-olds in. We went home and I forgot about it until I found another flyer in a plastic bag laying out in front of my house the following day or so. Mrs. V decided that it would be a good idea to try it out, and since I'm all about a few quiet hours between work and playtime, we packed Jr. V off to basketball camp Monday afternoon. I went to pick him up at 8, and was surprised at the huge turnout.

He's having a great time - he went back yesterday, and is going back tonight. Apparently, this is the third year that this has been put on. I must admit that other than the pure choas of dropping him off, I'm pretty pleased with his experience and how this event is being run by the numerous adults and older kids involved.

Here's some pix (these are from Tuesday night, and taken from far back 'cause I don't wanna be posting pics of people's kids on the Web) - thanks for the free evenings Riversgate!